Friday, June 5, 2015

Funny Justices

SoCal is blessed with many highly entertaining--if not downright LOL funny--appellate judges, Kozinski, Gilbert, and Bedsworth to name just a few. But did you know that Justice Mosk does standup? The DJ reports that yesterday he gave a swearing-in speech to new members of the State Bar, and an adapted version of his comments appears in today's paper titled Every Lawyer's Free (to wear sunscreen). It's full of Catskills-worthy one liners:
Image result for justice richard moskActually, I have given up on advice from professionals. Some years ago, I went to my doctor and asked how long am I going to live. The doctor said, 60. I said, I am 60. He replied, "I told you so." I recently had a birthday. My grandson, who had been in the Middle East, said I was so old that when I was young, the Dead Sea was just sick. I had to remind him who was paying his tuition. 
Image result for woody allen
How'd you like these three as your appellate panel?
Image result for kurt vonnegutImage result for baz luhrmann















In the not-so-funny department, The Recorder has Governor Gives Thumbs Down to New Judgeships, so 4/2 won't be getting a new justice any time soon...