- Orange County Superior Court has launched a new webpage to provide information about appeals. News release is here and the new Appeals Webpage is here.
- Today's DJ features another article by Justice Hoffstadt, this one titled "Deputizing the Whole Wide Countryside," about the pending SCOTUS case Ohio v. Clark.
- The latest Rutter Group listing of MCLE programs is out and a number of Justices will be participating in various seminars: Justices Rylaarsdam and Edmon are panelists in the Civil Procedure Before Trial program (Live in LA on 12/3, video in Costa Mesa 12/10 and San Diego 12/11); Justice Moore is on the Personal Injury panel (Live in LA on 12/4, video dates same as above). Details here.
|There are more firm believers in mooting oral arguments|
than in the Great Pumpkin.
- Have an interesting and thorny appellate argument coming up? Loyola Law School is offering practitioners the chance to moot an upcoming oral argument before a panel of faculty and experienced local practitioners. More info here.
- The Champions of Justice radio show from September 28 discussing the upcoming judicial elections and featuring Justice Zelon, Justice Bigelow and Pepperdine's Dean Tacha (former 10th Cir. Chief Judge) is now available here. Info on the Informed Voters Project.