Also, be sure to read Tips from Justice Liu on Brief Writing ("by" Dan Smith and Ben Feuer) relating nine briefing tips Justice Goodwin Liu offered recently to the BASF:
1. Let perfection be the ally of the good.
2. Keep sight of the forest as well as the trees.
3. The structure of your organization must be clear.
4. Balance authority with logic and reasoning.
5. Show expertise to enhance credibility.
6. Show that you know your audience.
7. State the rule the court should adopt.
8. Clarify the limits of your position.
9. Give the court options.
|Nine Hot Tips|