And in other SCOTUS-related news, Law360 has Jones Day Picks Up 9 More Former Supreme Court Clerks and Bloomberg has Jones Day Adds Nine U.S. Supreme Court Clerks from 2019-20 Term (but none will be in the firm's California offices).
And Law360 has Justices Won't Hear In-Person Args Until At Least Next Term about this order here.
The Recorder's On Appeals column also Ben Feuer and Rex Heinke's What In-House Counsel Wishes They'd Known About Appeals:
- They wish they had known to plan for appeals in their contractual arbitration clauses.
- They wish they had known to identify potential appellate issues at the outset of litigation.
- They wish they had known to involve an appellate lawyer before trial.
- They wish they had known how much their bond and interest costs would be.
- They wish they had known the reality of appellate statistics and the importance of appellate specialists.