Tuesday, September 28, 2021

New SCOTUS blog

The NLJ's Tony Mauro has started The Marble Palace Blog, which he introduces like this:

Welcome to The Marble Palace Blog, which I hope will inform and surprise you about the Supreme Court of the United States. My name is Tony Mauro. I’ve covered the Supreme Court since 1979, and for American Lawyer Media since 2000. I semi-retired in 2019, but I am still fascinated by the high court.

I won’t likely be posting any item that begins with “The Supreme Court today ruled …” I’ll leave that to other journalists. But I will focus on the court’s history and mysteries, its quirks and its clerks. I’ll alert you to new books, movies, documentaries and operas, (yes operas) about the Supreme Court, as well as recusals, aberrations and justices’ off-bench activities.

(The content of his first post discusses the Long Conference and RBG parasailing.)

Now available: California Legal History volume 16 (2021), the Journal of the California Supreme Court Historical Society. This issue includes an oral history of Justice Carlos Moreno.