- The new federal courthouse in downtown LA may be open as soon as Sept. 12. An opening ceremony is scheduled for Oct. 13 at 1 p.m.
- In Sculpt the Elephant (Appeals), the DJ's Rulings Editor, Brian Cardile, reviews Moskovitz on Appeal: Advanced Insights from an Advocate who Wins (LexisNexis 2016).
- On page 4, see Former San Diego Attorney Disbarred reports on a former bar member who "has been disbarred after committing multiple blunders in appellate proceedings."
- On page 5, under Disciplinary Action, some of the horror stories are even more fascinating than usual, including the tale of a hitman who turned in a lawyer rather than kill the minor the lawyer was charged with molesting. The DJ calls him a hitman with "a moral compass."
- Sadly, [Appellant] v. 23 Bottles of Beer, here, is not an in rem case (23 Bottles of Beer being an LLC).
Friday, August 26, 2016
Tidbits of note
Today's DJ is chock full of tidbits: