- LA Times: "Known as a consensus builder and gifted writer, [PJ Sills] was the author of more than 2,400 majority opinions during his tenure at the busy court"
- The Recorder: "Among his achievements in the later part of his career, [PJ] Sills played a key role in the completion of the division's new courthouse in Santa Ana in 2009, and was instrumental in the creation of UC-Irvine School of Law"
- Orange County Register: Presiding Justice Sills "created an atmosphere of openness among justices on the 4th District Court of Appeal that resulted in collegial decision making," as Justice Rylaarsdam noted.
- Metropolitan News-Enterprise: PJ Sills"was among the first jurists in the state to confront the legal issues inherent in surrogacy, and also originated the use of videoconferencing to allow lawyers to argue their cases"
- O'Connor Mortuary: Justice Sills "was born to run [the 4/3]. He led naturally, easily, and by example, inspiring integrity by living it. He wrote with style and precision, and put his indelible stamp on the court system both as a jurist and an administrator."
The last link has a guestbook feature where you can leave a message for the PJ's family.